Enhanced directional and interpretive signage made from recycled plastic has been added to the ‘Junction Walking Trail’ in Casterton, South West Victoria. It’s all thanks to efforts of members of Friends of the Glenelg River and funding from Regional Landcare Facilitators, a programme fully funded through the National Landcare Programme and guidance from the Glenelg Hopkins Catchment Management Authority.
Strategically placed along 1600 metres of the river the signage is perfect for displaying information about the history of the river and for keeping visitors on track. Not only does it look good now, but the Friends will not have to worry about wasting valuable funds on maintaining them as they will never split, rot or crack.
On photo: Peter Leake, Tim Burnard & Tom Blair – Friends of the Glenelg River.